Central Asian governments, particularly Kazakhstan and Uzbekistan, have embarked on a series of reform initiatives in recent years. Announcing far-reaching reforms is one thing, but implementation is another. This CACI webinar delves into the question how the process of implementation of reform agendas is processing.
- Mjusa Sever, Director, Regional Dialogue, Slovenia & Uzbekistan
- Fuad Karimov, 2019 CACI Rumsfeld Fellow, Ph.D. Candidate - University of Grenoble and Lecturer - ADA University & Baku Higher Oil School
Watch the video below or on YouTube
The vision of a transportation corridor linking Europe to Asia through the Caucasus and Central Asia was conceived almost a soon as the USSR collapsed. However, in spite of progress, major infrastructure remains to be built for this corridor to truly matter. In the past year, geopolitical developments have spurred the states in Central Asia and the Caucasus into action. Major regional states have linked arms like never before to speed this corridor into realization. To discuss the corridor, its challenges and its implications, the Central Asia-Caucasus Institute invites you to the following web-based Forum.
- Gen. Gaidar Abdikerimov, Secretary General, TITR (Trans-Caspian International Transport Route)
- Dr. Charles Kunaka, Lead Transport Specialist, Transport Global Practice, World Bank
- Dr. Brenda Shaffer, Research Faculty Member, Energy Academic Group, Naval Postgraduate School
- Dr. Mamuka Tsereteli, Senior Fellow, CACI
In recent months, Azerbaijan and Uzbekistan have concluded important agreements. This is an indication that the cooperative spirit that has developed in Central Asia is extending across the Caspian Sea to the South Caucasus as well. On November 2, CACI hosted a hybrid Forum discussing the implications of this trend for the wider region.
- H.E. Khazar Ibrahim, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Azerbaijan to the United States of America
- H.E. Furqat Sidikov, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of the Republic of Uzbekistan to the United States of America
- Dr. S. Frederick Starr, Chairman, Central Asia-Caucasus Institute
- Dr. Svante Cornell, Director, Central Asia-Caucasus Institute
Scroll down to watch the recording or click here to watch on YouTube.